Product Description of the White Nitro Ceramic Stearate Roloc Discs, 50/PackGreat for removing welds, dressing and grinding in hard to reach areas. This is a unique product with 100% ceramic grain and a stearated topcoat which keeps the disc from loading on aluminium and helps keep the substrate cool when grinding.
- Unique product
- Works particularly well on aluminium
- 100% ceramic grain
- Special stearated top coating prevents clogging/glazing, and keeps surface cool
- Tough 3-ply polyester backing gives longer lifespan and extra rigidity
- Superb stock removal even at low pressures
- Far greater lifespan and much faster cut rate than conventional discs
- Currently available in 50mm and 75mm
- Recommended tools: Chicago Pneumatic CP7202 Pistol Sander for light use or for frequent industrial use we'd recommend the Dynabrade 48541 2" (51mm) Right Angle Disc Sander or 48531 3" (76mm) Right Angle Disc Sander
- Use with our high-quality 2" and 3" disc holders
- 'R' screw-type fitting, also known as 'TR', 'SL2', 'roloc', 'siafix', 'speedlok', twist-lock, quick-release or locking-type, for quick and easy attachment/removal
- Grit range: 36-120
Why Use Ceramic?White Nitro Ceramic Stearate Roloc Discs have a ceramic grain, which lasts the longest of all coated abrasives, as well as being the fastest cutting. This is due to the micro-crystalline grain which self-sharpens and fractures more uniformly to give more consistent performance, and works well in medium to high pressure applications. White Nitro Ceramic Stearate Roloc Discs are ideal for even the most demanding applications where productivity and fast stock removal are key.
Ceramic is in some cases supplied with a "topsize" (also known as "top coat", or "supersize layer".) This is a coating which is sprayed on to the grit to act as a coolant when working on heat-sensitive metals such as stainless steel and exotic alloys, and therefore reduce discoloration or burning. It can however also act as a lubricant to help reduce loading (where stock removed from the workpiece builds up on the abrasive and makes it less effective) on softer metals such as aluminium. The presence of a topsize does reduce the aggressiveness of the grain however, and so it is best not to have one if discoloration will not be an issue, for example when working on mild/carbon or structural steel.
Available in various forms including abrasive belts, velcro-backed discs, flap discs and fibre discs. Roloc discs, also known as speedlok, siafix, quick-release, and quick-change discs, are also very popular and often used for blending/removing welds and spot repair. Our Nitro Fast-Cut Ceramic Rolocs in particular are very aggressive and available as coarse as P24, therefore being useful for fast stock removal, while the Green Nitro and Red Nitro Ceramic Roloc Discs have a topsize and are ideal for reducing heat generation. For working on softer metals such as aluminium there is also the option of the unique White Nitro, which has a stearate coating to help reduce loading on the disc.