For expert advice on sanding belts to suit your particular application please call us on 01273 463677.
Use our sanding belt calculators to build your own abrasive belts – please enter your desired material, belt width, length & grade/grit size below, and select ‘Get Prices’. You can also use the filter (optional) to find materials recommended for the specific substrates/surfaces which you are working on.
Don’t know your belt size? What Belt Size Does My Belt Sanding Machine Use?
NEW! We now offer an open-coat aluminium oxide designed for soft woods (2920), a zirconia for working on rubber/leather/plastics (R817), a SiC/cork mix for finer finishing on glass/brass/GRP (RB515/RB555), two long-lasting agglomerate materials for polishing/graining on all metals (JG530/PG730), and a yellow felt for finer finishing and buffing/brightening a surface.
Please note that the usual lead time for made to order sanding belts is approx. 7 working days. To confirm whether something is a stock or made to order item please feel free to ask in our online chat.
Belt Calculator – Sia 2829 Heavy-Duty Zirconia Abrasive Sanding Belts• Recommended for carbon/mild steel, and suitable for non-ferrous metals
• Active additives with a cooling effect greatly reduce discolouration
• Ideal for both heavy-duty grinding and less intensive applications
• Agressive and long-lasting, while also giving a good finish
• Suitable for wet & dry sanding applications
• Grits 150 and above are standard Sia 2820 materialZirconia
What is 2829?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT
Belt Calculator – R203 Zirconia Abrasive Sanding Belts• Recommended for stainless steel & aluminium
• Top coat and active filler offer cooler grinding and therefore reduce burning when grinding heat-sensitive metals
• Closed coat with heavy Y/X weight backing - aggressive, particularly in coarser grits
• Premium, high-performance zirconia - durable and long-lasting, ideal for heavy-duty grindingZirconia
What is R203?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT
Belt Calculator – Norton R817 Zirconia Abrasive Sanding Belts• Very popular material in shoe repair & manufacture
• Open coated to reduce loading - ideal for working on leather, plastic and rubber, suitable for aluminium
• Heavy polyester cloth
• Norzon grain breaks down consistently to expose new, sharp abrasive grainZirconia
What is Norton R817?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT