For expert advice on sanding belts to suit your particular application please call us on 01273 463677.
Use our sanding belt calculators to build your own abrasive belts – please enter your desired material, belt width, length & grade/grit size below, and select ‘Get Prices’. You can also use the filter (optional) to find materials recommended for the specific substrates/surfaces which you are working on.
Don’t know your belt size? What Belt Size Does My Belt Sanding Machine Use?
NEW! We now offer an open-coat aluminium oxide designed for soft woods (2920), a zirconia for working on rubber/leather/plastics (R817), a SiC/cork mix for finer finishing on glass/brass/GRP (RB515/RB555), two long-lasting agglomerate materials for polishing/graining on all metals (JG530/PG730), and a yellow felt for finer finishing and buffing/brightening a surface.
Please note that the usual lead time for made to order sanding belts is approx. 7 working days. To confirm whether something is a stock or made to order item please feel free to ask in our online chat.
Belt Calculator – Norton R976 Red-X Ceramic Abrasive Sanding Belts• Recommended for stainless steel & aluminium
• Supersize layer (or top-coat) offers cooler grinding and therefore reduces burning when grinding heat-sensitive metals
• Good quality ceramic, with patented 'Red-X' friable SG ceramic grain
• High cut rate even at low or medium pressures
• Durable and much longer-lasting than aluminium oxide and zirconia - very cost effective material, particularly for a ceramicCeramic
What is R976?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT
Belt Calculator – Sia 2546 Siabite Flexible Ceramic Abrasive Sanding Belts• Recommended for grinding mild steel and high-alloy steels
• Flexible JJ-weight cloth backing makes belts highly adaptable to contours, curves and profiles
• Active additives greatly reduce discolouration
• Additives also offer cooler grinding and reduce burning when grinding heat-sensitive metals
• High performance on hard to grind materialsCeramic
What is 2546?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT
Belt Calculator – Nitro Extreme Precision Ceramic Abrasive Sanding Belts• Highest quality ceramic belt on the market - lasts up to twice as long as the competition
• Hugely popular precision shaped grain material - comparable performance to 3M's 784F Cubitron II
• Cooling supersize layer is ideal for working on heat-sensitive metals such as stainless steel
• Strong polyester backing for heavy-duty applications
• Optimal performance at medium pressures
• Suitable for use wet or dryCeramic
What is Nitro Extreme?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT