For expert advice on sanding belts to suit your particular application please call us on 01273 463677.
Use our sanding belt calculators to build your own abrasive belts – please enter your desired material, belt width, length & grade/grit size below, and select ‘Get Prices’. You can also use the filter (optional) to find materials recommended for the specific substrates/surfaces which you are working on.
Don’t know your belt size? What Belt Size Does My Belt Sanding Machine Use?
NEW! We now offer an open-coat aluminium oxide designed for soft woods (2920), a zirconia for working on rubber/leather/plastics (R817), a SiC/cork mix for finer finishing on glass/brass/GRP (RB515/RB555), two long-lasting agglomerate materials for polishing/graining on all metals (JG530/PG730), and a yellow felt for finer finishing and buffing/brightening a surface.
Please note that the usual lead time for made to order sanding belts is approx. 7 working days. To confirm whether something is a stock or made to order item please feel free to ask in our online chat.
Belt Calculator – 2945 / RB346 J-Flex Aluminium Oxide Abrasive Sanding Belts• Recommended for grinding of non-ferrous metals (primarily aluminium), stainless steel & carbon/mild steel
• Highly adaptable to contours, curves and profiles
• J-weight backing - flexible, perfect for grinding profiled surfaces with "slack" of the belt, for example on curves and contours or for polishing applications
• Active additives reduce heat generation and guarantee cooler grinding, with less discolouration of the workpieceAluminium Oxide
What is 2945?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT
Belt Calculator – Hermes RB377YX Aluminium Oxide Abrasive Sanding Belts• Recommended for non-ferrous metals (primarily aluminium) and suitable for hard woods, lacquers, composites
• Heavy cloth with tough Y/X weight polyester/cotton cloth backing - very durable
• Closed coat, combined with the heavy backing means that it is very aggressive, particularly in coarser grits
• Stiff backing - limited flexibility, more suited to grinding with contact wheels or backstand/flatbed linishers than with slack of the beltAluminium Oxide
What is RB377YX?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT
Belt Calculator – Sia 2920 Aluminium Oxide Abrasive Sanding Belts• Recommended for soft/resinous woods, lacquers, MDF, chipboard, paints, fillers
• Heavy cloth with tough X-weight cotton cloth backing - very durable
• Open coat structure reduces loading - ideal for soft resinous woods and other materials that tend to clogAluminium Oxide
What is 2920?Please select your desired belt width, length & grade/grit size above.£0.00 +VAT